Monday, May 22, 2017

Kodak Agfa presents : Egypt's Spring Flowers Fair 2017

And it is our annual time with Egypt's Spring Flowers Fair.
On 21st March , Egypt's minister of Agriculture and the Governor of Giza inaugurated the 83rd Springs Flowers fair in Al-Orman Botanical garden as usual on the start of Spring officially.
You know I could not resist going there. I went there before in 2015 and 2016.
I went to the fair this year but I did not stay long enough in the fair to take too many photos as I used to do.
But I still managed to take a couple of beautiful photos 'I guess'.
Flowers at Egypt's Spring Flowers show
Beautiful orange daisies "I guess"

Flowers at Egypt's Spring Flowers show
Beautiful flowers everywhere 
According to the ministry of agriculture , not less than 155 Egyptian and foreign companies participated in the fair this year.
The space of the fair also extended 25% more than its usual space in Al-Orman botanical garden.
More and more flowers
Flowers at a landscape company in partition 
Inside a partition of a landscaping company in Egypt's flowers show 2017
Inside a landscape company in the flowers fair 

I was very curious to see the impact of the economic crisis on the fair and the industry of gardening in Egypt.
After floating the Egyptian pound value freely in front of other currencies, the whole exports sector was hit hard.
Many companies and flowers nurseries depend on foreign imported flowers , I want to see what they would do.
More and more flowers
Rows and rows of flowers 

A gardener looking after flowers
A gardener watering the flowers in one of the partitions 
Trees with flowers at Egypt's Spring Flowers show
Trees with flowers at Egypt's Spring Flowers show

Well foreign flowers, plants and trees are there like bonsai trees.
Bosnai trees at Egypt's Spring Flowers show 2017
Bonsai trees at Egypt's Spring Flowers show 2017

 This year I have seen for the first time in the Fair a flower called "American Dianthus". It looks different than the Egyptian Baladi Dianthus.
Pink roses at Egypt's flower
American Dianthus

That flower nursery sold one flower pot of the American Dianthus for LE 20 so I think yes the economic crisis hit the fair and flowers industry.
Nevertheless people still buy flowers an cacti , trees and domestic herbs.
Syrian mint at Egypt's flowers show
Syrian mint 
 The domestic herbs caught my attention when I saw their popularity in the fair.
One flowers nursery sold various types of herbs like Syrian and Saudi mint in addition to Egyptian mint. I do not know the difference between them.
It also sold chives, sage and local Egyptian basil.
There was a high demand for cacti especially Aloe Vera because of the benefit especially for the hair and skin according to a friend of mine who owns a Cacti farm and participated in the fair.
Cacti everywhere at Egypt's flowers show 2017
Cacti  at Egypt's flowers show 2017

My friend told me that other cacti companies sell for almost LE 50 whereas its price does not exceed LE15 .
Short cacti at Egypt's Flowers show 2017
Short cacti at Egypt's Flowers show 2017

I bought an Aloe Vera plant for LE 10 from him and I put in the balcony. Honestly, I do not know how to use.
Mid-Size cacti at Egypt's flowers show 2017
Mid-Size cacti at Egypt's flowers show 2017

Cacti is popular in Egypt because of our weather.
My friend told me that the fair received more visitors and customers than last year despite the economic crisis.
Inside a partition at Egypt's Spring Flowers show
A lady picking up a flower pot inside a partition in the fair. 
The humans were not the only customers to the Spring Flowers fair , the bees were also there doing their job in spring pollinating flowers madly and quickly.
And bees are here in Spring time
The bee and the flower

The fair was like a gift from God to them. Watch the video blow to see that beautiful bee in clear HD.
As I have visited the fair three years in a row , I found out that there were landscape companies and flower nurseries that have not changed its location.
Like for instance the Egyptian German company for flower nurseries got its partition in the same place.
Instead of arranging the flowers like the Egyptian flag in 2016, it arranged the flowers like Giza pyramids.
The pyramids of flowers at Egypt's flowers show 2017
Pyramids of flowers 
The flowers arc at Egypt's Flowers show 2017
The arc of flowers 
Selfie lovers and photographers were attracted to that partition not because of the pyramids of flowers but rather because of the arc of flowers.
Unfortunately I could not get closer or photos from inside because two friends were snapping photos amusingly by their mobile phones. I did not want to spoil their moment.
Taking photo at the flowers arc
Taking a photo inside the arc 
Taking photo at the flowers arc
Strike a post under the flowers arc 
 There is another landscape company "My garden" that has not changed its location in the fair.
Nevertheless I feel that the company was hit by the economic crisis. Last year's partition was more interesting if I recall correction.

Trees and roses at Egypt's Spring Flowers show
Some fancy creation made of flowers and tree branches 
Other landscape companies cared less for the economic crisis and showcased their fancy creations to visitors whom can be potential customers.
Inside a partition of a landscaping company in Egypt's flowers show 2017
Inside a partition of a landscape company in Egypt's flowers show 2017

Inside a partition of a landscaping company in Egypt's flowers show 2017
A topiary shape inside a landscape company 
Setting up such partition took a week according to the Landscape company representative in the fair.
Inside a partition of a landscaping company in Egypt's flowers show 2017
Fancy fountains inside a landscape company. 

The Fair continued to May as it was extended as usual too. This year, it continued for nearly two months.
White flowers at Egypt's Spring Flowers show
White flowers
A kind of red flowers at Egypt's
Red flowers 
Amazing look violet flowers
Amazing look violet flowers
 I did not spend a longer time in the Fair this year unfortunately so I decided to do something different.
Here is a very short and a very shaky as usual video from the Fair.
You must watch till the end because there is something beautiful in it.
I hope that you will like it and will share it just like this post :)
I did also very quick Live periscope broadcast from the Fair itself.
Subscribe to my Periscope channel and check it from time to time because I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for your comment
Please keep it civilized here, racist and hateful comments are not accepted
The Comments in this blog with exclusion of the blog's owner does not represent the views of the blog's owner.