"This is somehow old post I did not post from two weeks ago still I think it is discussing an important issue"
I don't have any kind of explanation to the growing and alarming sexual harassment in Egypt. I can't find an explanation why 200 young men ran widely to harass sorry to nearly rape 5 or 3 girls in the street .It is a sort of a group thinking but those 200 don't know each other , may be each 5 or 6 of them form a group but to attack in this mass way without any kind of thinking ,it is a strange if you think about thoroughly.Already in the latest incident of Gamat Doula street,all those young men were all from the same area still it does not explain why they acted in this mass savagaly way.
Is it a sort of group thinking may be ?? Are they stoned to the level that if someone scream and say "A trophy or a woman" they will run behind it like wild animals?? Do they take a new drug that make them feel horny with my apology to use that word ??
Still what kind of a drug 200 person take it in the same moment ?
It is not a dress code because according to the studies the veiled women are harassed more , the women in Gamat Al Doula were veil and evne a Nakab, in fact now the preganent women are harassed now
I have read that a group of young men not more than 20 years harassed a pregnant woman in Port Said , yes Port Said ,it is no longer a Cairo thing , the poor lady was sent to a hospital and lost her baby and her husband,he tried to defend her entering a fight with those losers but he could not stand against them.
They are wild animals for sure still when animals don't attack other animals except in defense or in the need of food.
But these are humans.
For sure the absences of security , the role of Police in the society plays an important role here but the society role is much more important and it is more absent than the Police , the public refusal and rejection to this unaccepted behavior without no justification .In the past if some boy was caught in the street harassing a girl verbally ,he would be sent to the Police station and have his hair cut as a bald regardless of the what the girl was wearing or acting in the street ,so that would be his mark , it was not a regular thing like today to have bald boys in the society and thus he would be marked as harasser and people would disrespect him in the street,can you imagine it !!??
We got a huge problem that now became world famous : The sexual harassment , women tourists now are warned before coming in Egypt and I doubt that any woman tourist would think to spend her holiday in Cairo after the shocking testimonies of the women tourists.
The crime rate in Egypt has increased rapidly ,open the newspaer's crime page ,any newspaper "not tabliod" and you will know what I mean , the Sexual harassment is a crime so it is not strange with the absence of law and security , with the increase of the drug use , the increase of poverty and employement along with the changes of the socail morals .The society seems from outside going ultraconstrative but from inside it is not constrative at all , it is going radical all the way.
How to combat the sexual harassment ??
Law and Order
Law and Order will keep all those wild animals in their cages behind the bars.
By Year , By Month
- ► 2016 ( 266 )
- ► 2015 ( 345 )
- ► 2014 ( 312 )
- ► 2013 ( 512 )
- ► 2012 ( 683 )
- ► 2011 ( 953 )
- ► 2010 ( 1092 )
- ► 2009 ( 1159 )
- The Sweet or bitter November
- The honour
- Kolena Laila : The first Egyptian girl students in...
- Laila needs you
- Mubarak won’t go to hell because he does not want ...
- When Plumbers Speak About Foriegn Policies
- What if she were an Israeli ??
- What role you are speaking about here ??
- I still believe it is too late
- Does Ahmed Fouad II have a spokesperosn now ??
- Gamal Mubarak : The Non smoker
- THE MIST
- The Justification Of A Prince of War
- What is the measure of success here ??
- You Did not Think So From Three Days ago , Your Fa...
- No It Is Not A Personal Freedom Issue , It Is A Si...
- The Unhappy Yemen
- This Is Another Country dear
- Muslim is the new black
- Again news of corruption and bribe scandals that d...
- The first swingers club in Egypt !!
- Is there a new drug in town or something ??
- Now it reached to Libya
- It evolved to Blogger.com in Turkey
- An Eye for An Eye; A rumour for A rumour
- Who leaked these reports and pictures to the media...
- I will be damned…
- I did not expect to see her there.
- it is no longer in the poor people hospitals but r...
- He did not accept an invitation to the holy land s...
- So he was in London on the 5th of October 1973 !!
- To air or not to air
- Trig Palin in photos
- They banned a channel for a football match today a...
- The regime should learn from Sister Emmanuelle
- Something wrong in the ecosystem of that area
- The Egyptians invest their money in Gold now
- A Victory to Laila; A Victory to Noha
- Thanks General Powell
- Dr. Hala is under attack
- 41 years on sinking the Eilat destroyer
- Kolena Laila:Poor Egyptian sad Laila
- Professor Mustafa El-Sayed endorses Obama
- This is sexism
- Today is her day : Laila
- An Official statement from Princess Farial about t...
- Kolena Laila : The Laila who if it were not for he...
- Jesse,Obama and the Zionists
- The first session in the trial of the year
- The trial of the year
- No Ma’am he is not an Arab, he is a decent Person ...
- Fadila on TV
- Save the King's Palace at Edfina
- Wise words : The Mubarak Generation
- This is not a kiss ,it is a hug only !!
- Welcome home Mansoura crew, hope to say it soon to...
- Ex-Queen interview
- Not our kind of VIP official’s daughter
- The Myth of the Egyptian Role in Lebanon
- The Egyptian Berbers
- Blog Action Day 08 : Poverty
- In Another Universe
- UAE blocks Just human
- Ayman Nour opens the mother of the Egyptian X-File...
- Save these villas
- The shocking list of 1960s Egypt’s Vanguard Organi...
- Asmahan :The early days and the family that shaped...
- All for Epitah
- Who will pay the bill ?? And from where ??
- Homer Simpson votes for Obama
- Sarah Palin in the international museum of women
- Searching for Major Dr. Mohamed
- No,it is not going to be okay
- The Israeli blunders in 1973
- Al Arabiya.net website is hacked by Shiites
- He should be on the top of the list
- Jordan is a member of that club too
- The Russian Tanks enigma
- Why does the President travel by air and not by tr...
- Mohsen El-Sokary : People sometimes change
- Fukuyama and the End of American Inc.
- The Reality and Myth about the hostages crisis
- It is something expected: the fall of our stock ma...
- When the NDPians blog !!??
- Breaking News : Eissa is not going to jail because...
- The daughter of the Nile; the anthem of Mohamed Al...
- I want this ring
- It is Our bank not Yours !!
- Asmahan : The Voice
- Palin-Biden debate
- Bill Maher’s Religulious
- Asmahan : The TV Series
- Too late Mr. Olmert
- Happy Eid , Eid Mubarak ;)
- The Original Sudanese Mambo
- ▼ October ( 95 )
- ► 2007 ( 651 )
- ► 2006 ( 512 )
- ► 2005 ( 242 )
Egypt Citizen Journalism Politics Media National Democracy Follow Up photos Arab Video Human rights Society National Security Egyptian Life Culture Israel Economy America History Regional Arts Post Revolution Egyptian Faces Religion International Women Palestine War #Jan25 Egyptian Army Geek Syria Africa Health Islam Lebanon Europe Elections nostalgia MB Great Cairo blogging 1001 Environment Egyptian History Trials Egyptian X-files Presidential elections 2011 Minorities Nature Terrorism Audio Sports Gulf Just Opinion Spy Presidency Iraq News Books Films Party of parties Iran Maghreb Letter from the editor Sudan Arabic faces Music Breaking News In the wind's direction Sinai Egyptian Royalty Corruption Elections 2012 Asia Numbers 1973 1967 Caucasus Turk Bloggers Parliament Egyptian Constitution Tourism Alexandria Live Blogging Upper Egypt Daily World Links Polls 1952 Arabic X-Files Canal Cities Suez War Cablegate Nile Delta Aswan Laila Photo Of The Week Egyptian Rumours Happy Yemen Laws Red Sea 1948 The Quote of Week Charity Salam 98 Pakistan African Faces Yemen Personal Reviews Communiques UAR Highlighted Comments Matrouh Travel EC Interviews Nubia SS gate Weather Fayoum Latino Must Read Switch the Channel Wise Words Leaks South America Government Jordan Test Asian Faces Ideas Infographs Odd Tweet of the Day